Thursday 3 March 2016

MLS Season Preview



 Out with the old and in with the new, in less than two weeks a new MLS season will be among us and this season shows a lot of promise to be one of the best. With many teams bringing in new talent they are several teams that could be up for title contention.


  In the Eastern Conference there are many teams that could potentially go far and also some teams that don't stand a chance. First lets start off with Chicago Fire. A team that shows very little promise but has a lot of young talent. If their young guns can show up and get in to good form I think that they can make it into the playoffs by narrow margins. Next up, Columbus Crew. Last years finalists, in my opinion can live up to their great run last year and I think are a huge contender to win the title, I believe they will comfortably make the playoffs and also go far in the playoffs. After them we have DC United. I think that this team will make the playoffs and fall short just like they have done every year for the past 3 years. Montreal Impact, the surprise of the season last year falling short of the Finals by just one away goal. I think that Montreal will use last season as motivation and try to make it far. They will comfortably make the playoffs. Next team we have to offer is New York City FC. I think that if David Villa and Andrea Pirlo stay healthy, then NYCFC can go far and make a playoff push. New York Red Bulls is a team that doesn't have that many big names and I think that they surprise a few and I believe that they will comfortably make the playoffs just like they do most years. Orlando City FC the new club that beat top teams but couldn't get the job done against the bottom half of the table last year. Although they have Brazilian star Kaka I cant see them making the playoffs with such little depth to their squad. Philadelphia Union, a team that finished in last place last season and have acquired nobody in the offseason to help boost them to a position. I predict that like last year they will finish last again. Last but not least we have dark horses Toronto FC. Although TFC disappointed many in the playoffs last year I think this year Giovinco will be striving to beat the records he held last year and along side with Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore I can see success in this squad especially if they can keep their defense solid.


  Now lets move on to the Western Conference, Western conference has been dominating for a couple years now having won the championship in the past two years many teams show great promise while others in the conference might be fighting to stay out of last place. Firstly lets start off with the Colorado Rapids a team that hasn't been in the playoffs for a couple of years now and considering they don't have a lot of money to buy players I believe that they will be e a team competing to stay out of the bottom. Next up we have got FC Dallas a powerhouse of a team that fell short of the finals last year, I believe that they will go deep into the playoffs and make it comfortably.

   In my opinion I think that the finals will be between Toronto FC and LA Galaxy. with the new addidtions of European talents Nigel De Jong and Ashley Cole I think LA Galaxy will win the playoffs 2-0. In my opinion the Galaxy have too good of a team to not win.

No comments:

Post a Comment